Forestry Program Operations Manager
Phillips and Jordan
Job Title: Forestry Program Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Provide overall administrative, technical, logistics, financial, and resource management of a forestry maintenance program of work to include all pre-inspection listing and/or removal of hazard trees from start to finish for various utility clients along their existing right-of-ways. Executes our Core Values and Priorities – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production to guide our business practices that ensures P&J is committed to a Zero Incident Philosophy of no harm to person, property, the environment, or our reputation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and overall responsibility for the entire utility program of work.
• Maintain a professional appearance with the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, assigning and directing work, performance evaluations to include coaching and discipline, addressing complaints to resolution for all project personnel while demonstrating positive leadership to motivate all personnel and communicate with both direct reports and superiors.
• Define problems, collect information, and establish facts to provide an appropriate resolution.
• Build and maintain solid relationships with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
• Setup, organize, update, and maintain electronic and printed files of working documents.
• Coordinate and schedule subcontractors, vendors, and material suppliers.
• Establish project objectives, procedures, and performance standards within the limits of the corporate policy.
• Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest while maintaining good relationships.
• Review cost reports and evaluate methods to reduce cost while maintaining productivity. Manage budget projection for labor, material, equipment, and subcontractors procured on the project. Responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly projections and progress for all construction activities.
• Responsible for project cost forecasting, monthly cost to complete development, and accuracy of reporting.
• Responsible for the invoicing or payment application process as well as monitoring the quality of weekly labor and equipment hours, material, and subcontractor reporting.
• Provide technical assistance to include interpretation of drawings and recommending construction methods.
• Responsible for productivity, efficient use of materials/equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
• Coordinates materials, subcontractors, equipment expediting efforts as required to maintain the schedule.
• Review and analyze daily cost reports for comparison analysis, planning, and implementing changes as required.
• Develop, negotiate, submit, track, and maintain client and/or subcontractor change orders.
• Develop scope of work and project schedules in Microsoft Excel, Project, or Primavera.
• Lead project meetings and generate daily, weekly, or monthly meeting documents.
• Work with landowners and develop lease, borrow, and any other agreements necessary for the project.
• Assist the safety department in the coordination and executing annual safety training, preparing emergency action plans, completing good catch, near miss, and incident investigations and/or reports, and leading or attending daily and weekly safety meetings to ensure projects are being constructed in a safe manner to include implementing, promoting, and monitoring safety objectives.
• Manages the issuance of work to be performed and tracks work progress, maps circuits using client continuity lists, performs outage investigations and, when necessary, obtains permits from public agencies and documents work.
• Maintain working relationships with local client representatives, as well as all relevant federal, state and local governmental agencies with which it may become necessary to interact with during the course of performing their prescribed vegetation management duties.
• Audit compliance with all regulatory requirements and client vegetation management standards.
• Develop presentations and present information at internal and external client meetings.
• Conducts work in a safety-conscious manner as not to endanger themselves or others.
• Knows and exemplifies Phillips & Jordan’s Core Values.
• Assume additional responsibilities and duties as directed.
• Manage operations managers and area supervisors on the pre-inspection listing and clearing scopes or work regarding the forestry program operations.
• May directly supervise up to 20 supervisors with a project team of up to 250 team members.
• Knowledge of forestry or construction, finance, and management.
• Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and activities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, Outlook, Visio, Primavera).
• Effective communication (oral, written, presentation, listening).
• Effective motivational and supervisory skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
• Expected to travel nationally.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specifications, drawings, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, subcontractors, suppliers, regulatory agencies, landowners, or members of the community.
• Extensive familiarity with contractor’s work practices.
Education and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree or experience in Forestry, Forestry Operations, Construction Science, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Business Management, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Studies, Conservation, Natural Resources, or related fields.
• Minimum of five years forestry or construction management experience with similar scopes of work. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of forestry or construction (technology, equipment, methods), negotiations, schedules, and safety required.
• ISA Certification Preferred
• Utility Vegetation Management Experience Preferred
• Possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving record in the past 36 months, as verified by a current MVR report.
May be required to occasionally lift objects up to 80 pounds. Must practice good back posture and ergonomic principles for working in an office environment. Must wear personal protective equipment in the field to include safety glasses, boots, hard hats, gloves and similar. May be exposed to extreme heat and cold environments on a limited basis. Extended walking, climbing and use of hands and feet will be necessary. May be required to drive a company vehicle and must have a valid driver’s license and approval prior to driving a company owned or leased vehicle.
Additional Information: https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/457915?appsource=ccp
Contact Name: Trey Craig
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 8658098472