Woodland Services Field Foreperson
Long View Forest
The Woodland Services Division consists of two, 3 person crews that work independently and sometimes jointly to meet our client and project needs. The Field Foreperson is responsible for daily preparation, schedule coordination, equipment readiness, on-site logistics, and for getting the work done in concert with her/his crew members. The Field Foreperson in turn reports directly to the Division Manager who procures work, interfaces with clients, and assigns projects.
Qualified applicants must:
1. Have at least two growing seasons of work experience as a crew member or leader on a team of chemical applicators focused on invasive plant control work in mixed-species, largely habitat restoration-focused settings.
2. Have the ability to identify common invasive and native plant species found in the New England.
3. Be able to manage crew of 2 – 3 people in remote locations to effectively make decisions to ensure efficiency, safety and accuracy with forest treatments as coordinated with the Woodland Services Division Manager.
4. Be highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn.
5. Have clear and timely communication skills, know how to ask the right questions, and show consistent attention to detail. Communication includes daily text messaging and cell phone calls to coordinate work activities as well as to provide updates and make scheduling decisions.
6. Be 25 years of age or older with a valid state-issued driver’s license and a personal vehicle.
7. Be able to effectively, eagerly and independently take on daily tasks and responsibilities.
8. Have at least 1 – 2 years experience running/maintaining a brush saw and chainsaw.
9. Have skills and experience assisting employees with in-field plant identification and skills training.
Qualified applicants will ideally:
1. Have Vermont and New Hampshire Commercial Applicators licenses.
2. Have experience with a variety of herbicide application tools and approaches.
3. Have other forestry training and experience as well as an interest in a forest management career.
Additional Information: https://www.longviewforest.com
Contact Name: Tom Groves
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 9788883718