William A Day Jr & Sons
William A. Day Jr. & Sons is a third generation, family owned wood harvesting company located in southern Maine. Our clients include small woodlot owners, family forests, industrial properties, non-profits, and governmental entities located in southern/central Maine and New Hampshire. We are looking for a self-motivated, dedicated, and hardworking individual to join our forestry staff as a Forest Technician.
The Forest Technician will be responsible for assisting forestry staff with project tasks related to timber harvests, resource inventories, and management planning.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Harvest project layout including; permit and contract preparation, boundary line and zone marking, access/closeout layout.
• Harvest project inspection and reporting on prescription compliance, site conditions and adherence to landowner’s objectives.
• Oversight of company crew’s to ensure that timber harvests are conducted in a manner consistent with company standards and that landowner objectives.
• Ensure that projects comply with BMPs and all federal, state and local laws.
• Work with forestry staff and company managers to schedule harvests according to ground conditions, location, weather, equipment availability, and market trends.
• Assist with the preparation of forest management plans; NH current use, Maine tree growth, and NRCS CAP FMP’s.
• Strong personal and communication skills
• Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills
• Ability to efficiently work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of Maine and New Hampshire forestry laws, or the ability to obtain
• GIS, GPS experience a plus
• Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of conditions throughout all seasons
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in forestry or closely allied field preferred
• Maine and/New Hampshire forester license, or the ability to obtain
• Experience preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses at employer’s discretion and a full benefits package including 401(k), health insurance, paid vacation, and a vehicle. William A Day Jr & Sons is an equal opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Additional Information: http://www.daylogging.com
Contact Name: Brent Day
Contact Email: Info@Daylogging.com
Contact Phone: 207-756-5645