William A Day Jr & Sons
The Operations Forester will be responsible for working with our diverse client base helping them to achieve their forest management goals. This would include managing various forestry related projects from preparation of forest management plans to harvest project design, layout and oversight.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Meeting with clients/prospective clients to assess their objectives, their property, and operational logistics.
• Preparation of forest management plans; NH current use, Maine tree growth, and NRCS CAP FMP’s.
• Project establishment including; permit and contract preparation, boundary line research, boundary line and zone marking, access/closeout plan, etc.
• GPS data collection and preparation of maps in our GIS
• Develop harvest prescriptions based on current stand conditions and landowner’s objectives.
• Effectively communicate harvest prescriptions to company operators (written, oral, paint, etc.)
• Oversight of company crew’s to ensure that timber harvests are conducted in a manner consistent with company standards ensuring that landowner objectives are being met.
• Ensure that projects comply with BMPs and all federal, state and local laws.
• Communicate with landowners about harvest expectations and operations.
• Work with the other staff foresters and company managers to schedule harvests according to ground conditions, location, weather, equipment availability, and market trends.
• Strong personal and communication skills
• Must be a self-starter with excellent time management skills
• Ability to efficiently work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of Maine and New Hampshire forestry laws, or the ability to obtain
• Boundary line research and marking experience
• GIS, GPS experience
• Must be able to work outdoors in a variety of conditions throughout all seasons
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in forestry or closely allied field
• Maine and/or New Hampshire forester license, or the ability to obtain
• 2+ year experience preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses at employer’s discretion and a full benefits package including 401(k), health insurance, paid vacation, and a vehicle. William A Day Jr & Sons is an equal opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Additional Information: http://www.daylogging.com
Contact Name: Brent Day
Contact Email: Info@Daylogging.com
Contact Phone: 207-756-5645