Are you ready to advance your forestry career with a nationwide leader in forest management and timberland marketing? Then, we want to talk to you.
LandVest is looking for an energetic and dedicated individual for a Forester position for its growing business in its Newport, Vermont Office. The position will primarily involve field work focusing on timber marking, forest inventory and silvicultural operations. LandVest offers the opportunity to work with an experienced and well-respected staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Timber Marking: Implementation of silvicultural prescriptions through marking & sale layout
• Inventory: Overstory and understory data collection using a variety of inventory methods including point sample and fixed radius. Use of field data recorders and mobile GIS solutions.
• Other Field Duties: Reconnaissance of potential harvest units, inspection of active harvest operations, scheduling and oversight of pre-commercial thinning, maintenance of records pertaining to timber sale operations, boundary line maintenance, and GPS data collection.
• Office: Maintenance of LandVest and client records, transfer of inventory data, workup of timber sale volumes.
What you need:
• Bachelors degree in Forestry from an SAF accredited program, Associates degree with additional experience will be considered
• Minimum of one year of work experience with similar duties
• Passion for the forestry profession
• Strong work ethic and dedication
• Open mind and readiness to learn from experienced foresters
• Willingness to travel occasionally across the northeast region occasionally
• Reliable 4WD, off-road capable vehicle
LandVest will provide:
• A stable organization celebrating over 50 years in business
• A positive work environment
• Training, the opportunity to build upon your education, and hone your forestry skills
• Competitive salary, paid time off, benefits & incentives
• Expense & mileage reimbursement
• Advancement opportunities
• Respond with a letter of interest and resume
Additional Information: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/299839/LANDVEST-INC/Forester
Contact Name: Grechen Askins
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 603-228-2020