Aquarion Water Company
Aquarion Water Company is the public water supply company for more than 625,000 people in 52 cities and towns throughout Connecticut, as well as serving customers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It is the largest investor-owned water utility in New England and among the seven largest in the U.S. based in Bridgeport, CT; it has been in the public water supply business since 1857. Across its operations, Aquarion strives to act as a responsible steward of the environment and to assist the communities it serves in promoting sustainable practices. Aquarion Water Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eversource.
The Company Forester is responsible for the management and maintenance of the Company’s 15000+ acres of watershed lands in CT and NY, forest management and management of recreation programs. This role is focused heavily on conservation and the protection of wildlife habitat, water resources, and soils to maintain healthy ecosystems.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
• Collect and analyze forest management data.
• Develop and implement forest management prescriptions. This includes the application of
• Participate in the updates and redrafting of Forest Management Plans.
• Assess, direct and supervise timber harvest activities.
• Monitor and maintain watershed boundaries, including the identification and removal of hazard trees.
• Monitor and maintain forest access roads and recreational trails. This includes cutting, chipping, burning brush and trees.
• Administer the annual 480a New York Forest Tax Program.
• Participate in public outreach activities.
• Participate on the Conservation Land Committee regarding management of the Centennial Watershed State Forest.
• Coordinate forest studies on watershed property.
• Assist with wildlife management and recreational programs aimed at improving habitat; primarily deer management and fisheries activities.
Two to five years of land management experience, Bachelors Degree in Forest Management, State of Connecticut Forest Practitioner’s Certification, State of Connecticut Pesticide Applicator Supervisory License, proficient in GIS and standard Microsoft Office applications.
Situations are variable and often non-recurring. Requires mature, independent judgment, and operational decisions could have impact on bottom line.
The Forester reports to the Natural Resource Manager and works with the multi-agency Conservation Land Committee to develop and implement Forest Management goals. This person represents the Company in working with the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, abutting land owners, and environmental stakeholder groups. The Forester will, at times, direct the activities of the Watershed Maintenance Technicians. While reporting to the Natural Resource Manager, this person will be called upon to assist others in the Department, including the Source Protection and Law Enforcement groups.
Additional Information: https://www.aquarionwater.com/careers/job-openings/2020/11/12/forester
Contact Name: Tal Muscat
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 203-731-0175