West Stewartstown NH
Are you ready to advance your forestry career with a nationwide leader in forest management and timberland marketing? Then, we want to talk to you.
LandVest is looking for an energetic and dedicated individual for a Forester position for its growing business in its West Stewartstown, New Hampshire Office. The position will primarily involve field work focusing on timber marking, forest inventory and silvicultural operations in a variety of forest types, terrain, and weather conditions. LandVest offers the opportunity to work with an experienced and well-respected staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Timber Marking: Implementation of silvicultural prescriptions through marking & sale layout
• Inventory: Overstory and understory data collection using a variety of inventory methods including point sample and fixed radius. Use of field data recorders and mobile GIS solutions.
• Other Field Duties: Reconnaissance of potential harvest units, inspection of active harvest operations, maintenance of records pertaining to timber sale operations, boundary line maintenance, and GPS data collection.
• Office: Maintenance of LandVest and client records, transfer of inventory data, workup of timber sale volumes.
• Business Growth: The successful candidate over time is expected to assist in growing the business by identifying and engaging with potential new clients.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or similar from an SAF accredited program, Associates degree with additional experience will be considered
• Minimum of one year of work experience with similar duties
• Passion for the forestry profession
• Strong work ethic and dedication
• Open mind and readiness to learn from experienced foresters
• Willingness to travel occasionally across the northeast region
• Reliable 4WD, off-road capable vehicle
LandVest will provide:
• A stable organization celebrating over 50 years in business
• A positive work environment
• Training, the opportunity to build upon your education, and hone your forestry skills
• Competitive salary, paid time off, benefits & incentives
• Expense & mileage reimbursement
• Advancement opportunities
• Respond with a letter of interest and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
One Capitol St., Suite 300
Concord, NH 03301
Contact Name: Grechen Askins
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 603-228-2020