New England Forestry Foundation
New England Forestry Foundation is seeking applications for a full-time Stewardship Associate. The Stewardship Associate will play a key role in overseeing NEFF’s portfolio of both fee-owned community forests and conservation easements across New England. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Conservation Easement Stewardship (60%)
– Assist the Conservation Easement Director in conducting annual site visits, complete annual monitoring reports, resolve easement issues, and communicate with easement landowners.
– Coordinate with Conservation Easement Director to complete new Baseline Reports and update older Baseline Reports.
– Manage executory interest conservation easements.
– Maintain up-to-date records in conservation easement database and GIS files.
– Execute and build upon NEFF’s easement landowner-relations goals.
Fee Land Stewardship (40%)
– Assist Director of Forest Stewardship with activities related to management of NEFF’s community forests, including remote and on-the-ground inspections of NEFF’s fee lands; development and installation of property signage; assessing, prioritizing, and addressing trail maintenance needs; new trail project planning and construction.
– Coordinating with Communications, Outreach, and Development staff on community forest-related information requests or projects; and conduct public educational tours, harvest inspections, and other activities on NEFF’s community forests as needed.
Additional Information: https://newenglandforestry.org/about/careers-2/
Contact Name: Kim Doherty
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 978-952-6856