Wagner Forest Management, LTD
Forester Job Description
Wagner Forest Management is a forest management and timberland investment company sustainably managing over 2 million acres of land in Maine and New Hampshire, as well as Ontario and Nova Scotia, Canada. Wagner is an SFI certified Forest Manager, and maintains FSC Forest Management certification as a group manager.
• The forester will work under the supervision of a Regional Supervisor and will be responsible for the planning, layout, supervision, and closeout of logging jobs. Other tasks may include: regeneration surveys, road construction layout and supervision, harvest operations inspections, timberland inventory cruising, and working cooperatively with stakeholders on special projects. The applicant will also be responsible for implementing Best Management Practices and other requirements to maintain third party certification.
Qualifications and Skills required:
• AS or BS degree in forestry.
• Well organized and physically able to carry out tasks independently in the field.
• The ability to analyze situations and apply problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to listen, execute directions with little supervision, and develop and communicate goals and directions to others.
• Experience in natural resources field data collection and forestry field tools.
• Ability to use forest type maps, GPS, and GIS.
• Proficient with MS Word and Excel.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle suitable for driving on logging roads.
Compensation: Salary based on qualifications and experience; mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle. 401k retirement plan with company match, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, healthcare plan, disability plan, dental plan, and vision plan.
Must be able to hike long distances over rugged terrain in all weather conditions, and be comfortable working alone in the forest. Regular exposure to logging equipment and other heavy equipment.
Please submit resume to: Wade Shorey, Wagner Forest Management, Ltd.; 396 Griffin Road, Suite 101, Bangor, Maine 04401
Contact Name: Bob Cousins
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 207-570-0553