Invasive Plant Control/Forestry Technician
Bay State Forestry Service
Bay State Forestry Service seeks qualified candidates for a Forestry Technician position located in western and central Massachusetts.
The primary job duties of the selected applicant will include:
• Implementing invasive plant control using foliar spray herbicide applications with a backpack sprayer; and cut-stump treatments using a chainsaw or hand tools.
• Conducting forest stand improvement with a chainsaw or hand tools
• Assisting in marking and tallying timber to be harvested on private forest lands
• Locating and re-establishing forest boundary lines
• Conducting timber cruises including use of GPS units and handheld data recorders
• Data entry and office work.
Successful candidates will have the following abilities:
• Have or be able to obtain a pesticide license in Massachusetts
• Be able to work in rugged outdoor conditions in all weather
• Be able to work with standard forestry tools including chainsaw, backpack sprayer, paint gun, compass, hand tools
• Be able to read and understand property maps, topo maps and project maps
• Have reliable transportation to and from work.
• Have professional experience or schooling in applied forest management, biology, or related field.
• Be competent in the use of GPS units for mapping treatment areas / collecting field data
• Be passionate about forestry work, and eager to work as part of a field crew.
This is a seasonal position that begins in May and runs through November. Extended season or year-round work may be available for the right applicant. Flexibility on start and end dates is possible, so current Forestry/Natural Resources students are encouraged to apply!
Salary and responsibilities commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants can submit resumes and qualifications to:
Additional Information: www.baystateforestry.com
Contact Name: Michael Barry
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (774) 364-4192