Director Human Resources
St. Johnsbury, VT
Are you ready to begin or advance your forestry career with a nationwide leader in forest management and timberland marketing? Then, we want to talk to you.
LandVest is looking for energetic, entrepreneurial, and dedicated professionals for a District Forester to cover Northwestern Vermont. The position will also include working to assist on other project work within the Division. The position involves a combination of harvest & road operations, inventory/cruising, client relationships, management plan preparation and administration of Vermont’s Current Use Program.
The position will report out of our St. Johnsbury, VT with administrative support available from this location and across the region. Occasional multi-night travel will also be necessary for regional and division-wide projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operations: Field work involving planning and laying out of harvest units, planning and layout of road construction/maintenance activities, marking timber, inspecting active harvest and/or road operations and closeout, maintaining timber sale records, and collecting GPS data.
• Inventory: Collecting field data, following LandVest cruise protocols, and preparing cruise reports.
• Other Field Work: Boundary work, monitoring leases and other recreational uses, and other assigned field tasks.
• Office: Preparation of forest management plans to meet VT Current Use standards, operational planning, project administration, data analysis.
• Other: We are active in certification programs. LandVest is a Group Certified manager under FSC® certificate C120428 covering over +/- 100,000 acres. Successful candidate will be trained to implement LandVest’s Operations Manual and Practices and Protocols that comply with certification and our company standards.
What you need:
• Bachelor’s degree in forestry or similar from an SAF accredited program.
• Preferably 3-5 years of relevant.
• Familiarity with VT Current Use program and standards.
• Vermont Forester’s License or ability to acquire license on short timeline.
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
• Ability to problem solve and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work with a broad variety of internal staff and external clients and colleagues.
• Ability to work in remote forested areas with limited communication access.
• Ability to navigate in remote forested areas using a map and compass without the aid of technology.
• Must be willing to work strenuous days, occasional weekends, outdoors year-round in all weather conditions.
• Strong knowledge of and ability to implement northern hardwood and softwood silviculture, planning and supervision of harvest and road operations, cruising, and inventory skills.
• Good computer skills in most elements of Microsoft Office; GPS and introductory GIS skills.
• Reliable and woods ready 4WD vehicle.
LandVest will provide:
• A stable organization celebrating 55 years in business.
• A positive work environment.
• Training, the opportunity to build upon your education and hone your forestry skills.
• Competitive salary & paid time off.
• 401k Retirement Plan with company match.
• Healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance and disability plans.
• Eligible for annual and new business bonus plans.
Contact Name: Grechen Askin
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 603-290-5660