Entry Level Forester
Wagner Forest Management LTD.
Entry Level Field Forester Position
Wagner Forest Management is a forest management and timberland investment company sustainably managing over 2 million acres of land in Maine and New Hampshire, as well as Ontario and Nova Scotia, Canada. Wagner is an SFI certified Forest Manager, and maintains FSC Forest Management certification as a group manager.
The field forester will work under the supervision of an Operations Manager and will be mentored and trained by field foresters to accomplish a variety of tasks. Job duties include harvest planning, harvest layout and supervision, regeneration assessment, road construction layout and supervision, harvest operations inspections, property line maintenance, timberland inventory cruising, and working cooperatively with stakeholders on special projects.
Qualifications and Skills required:
• Degree in Forestry or a related field
• Well organized and able to carry out tasks independently.
• Capable of hiking long distances over rugged terrain in all weather conditions, and comfortable working alone in the forest.
• The ability to analyze situations and apply problem solving skills.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to listen, execute directions with little supervision, and develop and communicate goals and directions to others.
• Experience in natural resources field data collection and forestry related tools.
• Ability to use forest type maps, compass, GPS, and GIS software.
• A valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle suitable for driving on logging roads.
Salary rate based on qualifications and experience. Our competitive benefits package includes a 401K retirement plan with company match, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, heath care plan, disability plan, dental plan, and vision plan. The company reimburses mileage for use of personal vehicles.
Field foresters at Wagner spend nearly every day in the woods. While they are part of a team, and work with logging contractors on a daily basis, they are often working alone. This job includes regular exposure to logging equipment and other heavy equipment.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Wagner Field Forester” in the subject line.
Wagner is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posting expiration: March 15th, 2024
Contact Name: Wade Shorey
Contact Email: WShorey@wagnerforest.com
Contact Phone: 207-990-0050