Bay State Forestry Service
Western and Central Massachusetts
Bay State Forestry Service seeks qualified candidates for an Assistant Forester position located in western and central Massachusetts.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Have completed a four-year degree in forest management or equivalent, or be able to complete
such a degree within 12 months
• Hold or be able to obtain a forester’s license in the state of Massachusetts within 2-3 years
• Be able to work in rugged outdoor conditions in all seasons, be passionate about forestry work
and eager to work as part of a field crew.
• Be able to work with standard forestry tools including paint gun, chainsaw, backpack sprayer,
compass, GPS unit
• Be competent in the use of a computer for producing documents and maps
Job duties of the selected applicant will include:
• Marking and tallying timber to be harvested on private forest lands
• Preparation of 10-year forest management plans including stand descriptions, management
recommendations and associated maps
• Implementation of invasive plant control work
• Conducting timber cruises including use of GPS units and handheld data recorders
• Other forest management work on private and municipal lands, including forest stand
improvement, trail layout and clearing, property boundary re-establishment
Salary and responsibilities commensurate with experience.
This is a permanent, full-time, salary position, with benefits including vacation/sick time, paid holidays, paid continuing education, health and dental insurance, profit-sharing, company vehicle.
Positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Mass. Licensed Forester
P.O. Box 416
Montague, MA 01351
Contact Name: Tobias Carter
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 4138534832